Monday, September 8, 2008

Our vacation to Canada and some other random photos!

At the beginning of August we flew over to visit my family and friends up in Canada. The flights on the way there were OK. We flew from Columbus to Milwaukee and that flight was about an hour. Then we had a 3 hour lay over in Milwaukee. Our next flight was direct to Seattle but was about 4 hour sin length. The boys did pretty well but were not impressed by the third hour so we were scrambling to keep them entertained which is not easy on a plane where there is no where to go. We then drove from Seattle to the Vancouver area and stayed at my friend Sherri and her husband Mike and their daughter Mikayla's house! We had a really good time there and Sherri and I got to go out and have some fun too! From there we drove to my dad's and stayed there for 2 nights and had a really good time. I also got to catch up with my friend Joy one night too :) Then we drove over to my sister's house and stayed there for the remainder of the time. My mom also came and stayed for the majority of the time we were there. We got to also see my grandparents and aunt's and uncle's, we met up with my friends Kristie H., Kristy S., and Joy at a park and let all our kids run around for awhile (which they did happily of course so there wasn't a whole lot of visiting that went on there! Josh and I went up to the local Ski resort there and rode up one of the chair lifts and it was such an amazing view! We are such wimps though. Neither of us are all that fond of heights. It was fun though. Then my step sister got married while we were there so we attended the wedding and it was very nice. All in all it was a good trip. The boys were slightly (to say the least) grumpy for some of the days with all the traveling and busyness of our schedule. It was also SUPER hot there the whole time we were there! The way home on the plane is one that I chose to try and forget. Let's just say it was NOT FUN AT ALL!! :) Oh well. Below are some pictures from the trip! They are no specific order.

Ethan and his warrior face. He decided to take off running and when the grass turned to pavement he tripped and took a face plant into the pavement. It's like he hasn't grown into his feet yet!
Cohen :)
Kisses :)
Our friends Pete & Janelle and the man of the hour, Andy! It was his 2nd b-day on Aug.31st!

The 3 boys eating their cupcakes :)




One night when Ethan wouldn't sleep (we think because of his catheter that was in) so we cuddled on the couch :)
Ethan the goofball!
Jumpin' on daddy!
Andy :)
Cohen and Andy playing
Josh and I at Michelle & Dave's wedding

Me & my sis!Michelle & Dave getting married :)

Josh, my dad and I.
My dad and his wife Sherry

Feet!
Cheeseballs!! On the chair lift!

The cliffs in my hometown

A deer in my sister's back yard. Can't believe how close it got to the cat!

This is the ski resort Josh and I went to for a few hours

More of the resort
The chair lift we went up

More of a view from the chairlift

Same
Cohen rinsing off the kids picnic table

Ethan riding the 3 wheeler

My friend Kristie's boys (Jesiah & Jaxson) with our boys

Taking a break from playing to eat

Cohen & Jaxson
My sister Tracy with Cohen at the water slides. Cohen LOVED the water slides but only wanted to go down with his auntie :)

Tracy & Cohen
Tracy & Ethan watching and waiting for someone to come down the slide

Grandma snuck some ice cream cones to the boys!

Grandma & Ethan
Ethan & Jesiah at the water park

My friend Kristy and he little munchkin Mateo.

View of the valley from my sister's house

My nephew Levi

Ethan & I at the water slides
Ethan at the water park
Cohen soaking wet! The had such a blast there!



My friend Joy & her little girl Katie!

Ethan & Jaxson

My friend Kristie & her son Jesiah

Cohen loved this sprayer


Playing on the trampoline at my sister's house

Cohen playing with his cousins Levi & Caden and Caden's friend Ben

Having so much fun!
Cohen playing video games with his cousins and daddy

Awwww...Caden giving Cohen big hugs!

The drive to the Okanagan




Cohen giving his Auntie kisses

The boys and Mikayla (Sherri's little girl) playing in the bath.

My friend Sherri & I before we went out. We have been best friends since the 3rd grade :)

Goofballs!!
At Art Knapp Nursery meeting a lady from my online twins group. She lives about half an hour from my friend Sherri's house so we all met up while we were there. Her boy/girl twins are the same age as C & E!Cohen Luke

More of our meeting with Tina and her family.

Daddy & Ethan on the train ride

Cohen and I on the train ride

Luke & Lila

My friend Sherri's brother Kevin and Cohen walking around


Cohen really liked the tire swing

Awwww...Cohen & Mikayla

Cohen watching the plane's at the Milwaukee airport.

"Look daddy"!
The play area at the Milwaukee airport. A lifesaveer since our layover was so long.

Ethan climbing around!
I just loved this picture of Cohen sitting with Ducky. This was taken at the temporary apartment before we got into our house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like a great trip! The pictures of the scenery were gorgeous! My favorite pic has to be the one of Cohen kissing Ethan. It looks like he's kissing his boo boo!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures. Max wants to go to Canada so badly. He keeps saying, "but mommy we are so close!" His soccer team is team Canada this year. I like the picture of Cohen kissing Ethan too!